Rotary District 6950 provides an opportunity to build lifelong friendships and experience the personal fulfillment of providing volunteer service to others. This Rotary district provides humanitarian service, encourages high ethical standards in all vocations, and builds goodwill and peaceful relationships throughout the world.
Rotary is a world fellowship of business and professional persons who accept the ideal of service, individually and collectively, as a basis for success and happiness in business and community life. Rotary is present in over 160 countries worldwide, with over 1.2M Rotarians in over 30,000 clubs. We look for ways to serve the needs of our local communities, as well as worldwide efforts to improve health, goodwill and peace.
main objective of Rotary is service — in the community, in
the workplace, and throughout the world. Rotarians develop community
service projects that address many of today's most critical issues. The
Rotary motto is Service Above Self.
The mission of Rotary International is to support its member clubs in
fulfilling the object of Rotary by:
- Fostering unity among member clubs;
- Strengthening and expanding Rotary
around the world;
- Communicating worldwide the work of Rotary; and
- Providing a system of
We invite you to join any Rotary club and see what we are about. Meet like-minded members of the community who want to build friendships and make a difference!
Monday with Mikey: April 10, 2017
I suppose you might not think it happens to me, but sometimes I get a little overwhelmed. Although I stick to “Woody’s Rules” as closely as I can, once in a while I have some challenges sorting out what to do first – then next – and what to take off the “to do” list for now.
Woody Register’s Rules (aka the order of priorities):
- Our Families
- Our professions
- Everything Else (including sailing)
I was feeling a bit “up against it” recently, and then I remembered an article I had read in “Inc.” Magazine. Here it is:
The next time you find yourself standing in front of a huge mountain that feels impossible to climb--whether it involves your job, partner or business-- refer to these wise words and inspirational quotes to help you find your way and remember why you started on this journey in the first place.
1. Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. -Francis of Assisi
2. Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome. -Booker T. Washington
3. The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work. -Harry Golden
4. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing. -Abraham Lincoln
5. Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
6. Turn your wounds into wisdom. -Oprah Winfrey
7. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. -William Feather
8. There's a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out. -Lou Reed
9. There is no education like adversity. –Benjamin Disraeli
10. I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. -Jimmy Dean
11. Believe you can and you're halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt
12. Seize every opportunity along the way, for how sad it would be if the road you chose became the road not taken. -Robert Brault
13. I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.' -Muhammad Ali
14. If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. -Milton Berle
15. Your big opportunity may be right where you are now. -Napoleon Hill
16. Everyone here has the sense that right now is one of those moments when we are influencing the future. -Steve Jobs
17. The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
18. Jumping at several small opportunities may get us there more quickly than waiting for one big one to come along. -Hugh Allen
19. Opportunities do not come with their values stamped upon them. -Maltbie Babcock
20. (I added this one.) And one final favorite quote from Theodore Roosevelt, “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are – and do it NOW!”
Until next week let’s all keep on “Doing Good, Having Fun!"
District 6950 Governor 2016-17
Please send your questions and comments - and ARTICLES - to Webmaster Mitch Biba